Changing navigation buttons in Adobe AEM
The contents of navigation buttons stay on `/libs/cq/core/content/nav`.
So, to rename "Sites" to "Websites" you would do:
1) Open CRXDE Lite and go to /libs/cq/core/content/nav.
2) Click on `sites`. You can see that the `jcr:title` holds the name of the button ("Websites").
3) You should not change `libs` folder directly, so we will replicate the content to our `apps` folder.
4) Click the `sites` node and click `Overlay node`.
5) Make sure you have the following values:
a) Path: /libs/cq/core/content/nav/sites
b) Overlay Location: /apps/
c) Match Node Type: checked
6) Navigate to the `apps` folder to the same location:
7) Click `sites` node and edit the `jcr:title` to "Websites".
8) Click `Save all`.
9) Access the AEM Dashboard to see that the navigation button "Site" is now renamed to "Websites".
To hide a button, you should do almost all steps from the "Renaming a button", but the property to edit is:
Make sure you create/set it to `Boolean` value `true`.
The creation of a new button involves copying some button from the original location `/libs/cq/core/content/nav/sites` to `/apps/cq/core/content/nav/sites`.
Then, you rename it and change the following properties:
jcr:title id href